View Single Post
      09-18-2020, 02:48 PM   #13
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F39

Thought I would update this post... I still am rocking my intake tube setup. I have thrown a code which I can't remember off the top of my head for too much air flow once in a while.. maybe once a month. It is a "tuner" code so you can really ignore it. No other bonuses but more crackles and pops from the car. I have yet to hit the dyno, but one of these days.

I just thought I would add, however, about water in the engine bay. I kept all the snorkels and hookups, as well as the bottom of the stock box. A couple weeks ago we were hit with torrential flooding rain and I did manage to drive home in sometimes zero visibility on the highway, as well as hit some HUGE rivers of water. I did check the car when I got home for any signs of damage or pieces ripped off, but all was well. Out of curiosity I was wondering how much water actually would make it into the engine bay and not evaporate from the engine's super hot temp. There was actually a little bit of splashed water in miscellaneous places that could have come from the bottom, or perhaps the intake. Either way, not enough to bother the intake at all. I wonder, however, with the stock sealed box to the intake snorkel if it would/could have sucked any more water directly in.
Appreciate 0