View Single Post
      10-16-2019, 03:52 PM   #10
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F39

Do you think that the velocity stacks are a plus/must? The manufacturer that I ordered my MAF from can supply the right tube with the grid in the way. The factory box does not have anything, so even if the air flow is more, why add/change it? I haven't quite decided which direction I'm going.. but I the setup that I put together has about a 4" length, the sensor sits in the right place. There seems to be no great place to put a brace for the filter, although I don't see it bouncing around that much (and a lot of other filters do not have a brace).

When you look up the part #from BlueX2 you can see it is the same hitachi sensor and some mini's do in fact have it now. Their intake piping is different, however, so I can't really use it.

I poked around a little more, and the mini's also have the same K&N part number that references back to the MAF of the right size.. and sadly it also references back to the X1 2.0L Gas but again.. since I have an X1 in the garage there's no way unless you can specify a different MAF mount which there is not (or there's an adapter plate of some sort).
Appreciate 0