View Single Post
      10-16-2019, 02:18 PM   #8
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F39

Thanks for that list.. I'm unsure what it means, it says superseeded by 13628583496 which comes up as the m35i size .. but that list has things like the X1 F48 which we know for sure it doesn't fit. A lot of mini's have the same engine, but I am also worried about the wrong MAF sensor since I've been trying to look at people's pictures and it looks to me as the round style. I do know a lot of mini's have that slot MAF as a part # but can't confirm. When I did research I found that a lot of other manufacturers use this style which is called a "hitachi slot style MAF" which is good because then I could build the intake pipe.

My thoughts on my build so far are: 1) there doesn't look like a good place to mount a "bracket" to hold the air filter more steady, which I could always try and see if it starts wearing a hole somewhere. 2) It would be nice to make the shroud that the K&N filter comes with. I could probably dabble with sheet metal to make it, however it starts to become a time suck vs money.

BMS is $179 for the setup, but the MAF plug is wrong. I'm sure there is another part with the right slot, but nobody is being helpful to even give me a few minutes to figure it out.

K&N has a setup for $232 but it has the shroud.. wrong MAF hole, unless some 28i's have the square vs rectangle. There doesn't seem to be an option for different styles.
Appreciate 0