View Single Post
      04-20-2018, 09:57 AM   #21
amgraham
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X5 x35d

I don't do iRacing... used too... but I just have trouble finding the time to practice, qualify, race, etc. uninterrupted. I do PCars, PCars2 and Dirt Rally... Usually against the AI so I can "pause" when the wife/kids need me for something. Might get back into iRacing at some point in the future.

My son and I built a gaming rig for Christmas with the Oculus VR. (I'll post pics soon... we have a little work to do on the gaming station/studio.)

Anyways... I need a +2.25 script and have been just using cheaters. I have a little trouble getting the headset in focus. It's usually just a matter of getting it in the right spot on my head. For strong scripts, you'll probably need to wear glasses or contacts when playing. Most glasses don't fit too well under the headset. The "sports" glasses do, decently. Like... the Nike ones or whatever...

The focal length of the built-in lenses in the headset is supposed to be 2 meters, I think. If your vision is clear at that distance, you should be OK but... from what you're saying, I doubt that's the case. There is a company that will make replacement prescription lenses to go into the headset. I can't recall the name. That, however, would preclude others from using your headset.
Appreciate 0