12-04-2020, 09:02 AM   #268
rounderman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X2 M35

Garage List
2019 BMW X2 M35  [9.50]
In sport (button only) dampers stiffen if you have the adjustable kind, steering response is a little better IMHO and the throttle is faster but you can still get some lag. I tend to roll my foot into the accelerator and don't have a real problem and only drive in sport mode. When you move the gear shift to the left, throttle response improve and the shift points are higher. the computer keeps the car revving and thus no turbo lag. I tend to forget about the gear shift but when I do and I start smiling like an idiot. I have started to move the lever when I really need a real fast shot of acceleration like merging or turning at at a busy intersection (or when I just want to go really fast)
I haven't driven much in comfort and then move the gear shift to sport and I tend to not use the paddles. This is the first daily driver I have had in a long time that wasn't a manual. And to speak some heresy I probably won't go back to a stick. I am old and enjoy the ease of driving (yes I am getting lazy)

Anyway enjoy the car and start driving it when you can
Appreciate 0