View Single Post
      03-20-2024, 01:39 PM   #20
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Young, healthy guy with young, healthy wife and two healthy toddlers here. Employer covers the brunt for the whole family, so I don't feel my annual cost is that bad all things considered. Includes medical, vision, dental, etc. It's a far cry from $22/mo, though.

I, too, was in the "well we're healthy, so why go nuts with it" camp. Beginning of this year, I had to unexpectedly take my wife to the ER after which she was admitted for a period of time. While still a hefty bill to cover deductibles and such, woo boy we'd be in a different spot without insurance or some lesser quality stuff.

Same with previous incidents. ACL snapped while playing sports. Torn meniscus. Spinal fusion...list goes on. Some of mine may be extreme examples, but bottom line is sh*t happens unless you live in a bubble. There's been years that I did nothing but check-ups. Others that things hit the fan no one could predict. I certainly think that things could be improved for the common guy, but I dunno why you wouldn't want it.
Appreciate 1
Mosaud19983979.00