View Single Post
      01-08-2008, 10:14 AM   #14
kefz
Rep
Drives: e60

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny911 View Post
I don't have a E60 in HK or China. Those rear TV screens,tables would make the high more high class,those are optional equipement even on 750Li in HK. Most rich mainland chinese who add those options when they could afford an E60 or E66. With regard to technology,I think A6 L 4.2Q is superb. I really respect to the sun power energy generated sunroof very much. I heard you cannot pay for this option if you are getting a lowly 2.0T/2.4 or even 3.2Q.

335i is too fast and powerful??? More highways in China to blust the engine than HK.

In mainland China,luxury cars (uncountable S or 7) are mainly for business use. A6 L and long wheel base 5 are designed for governors to have better rear legroom and less arrogant image.

More rich people are willing to pay for supercars. But sports sedan?? I don't think it would be as popular as HK as it seems not as aggressive as a super car or big sedan. Btw,what would be your next target??
Yeah i agree those options would be a great enjoyment while being chauffeured. But since bmw is more of a driver's car, i would prefer the pleasure of driving it myself and the only car i would allow my chauffeur to drive me around in would be the previa.

That A6 L 4.2Q is a great all in one car with a nice balance of power and comfort at a rather reasonable price. I was actually considering the A6 L 2.4 but bmw just appeal to me alot more. Tho i'm a fan of the beautiful Q7(especially in black) compared to the X5 or cayenne.

Both Audi A6 and VW passat are very popular choices for the china government. I believe the higher rankings get A6 while the lower gets passat.

Yeah not many here appreciates sports sedans like e90 M3, M5, EVO or WRX. Guess they figured a 2 door coupe = sports car. So i believe most would get a 997 or 6xx if they could afford a M5. Personally, i choose a 2 seater cayman s over a 2+2 e92 M3. But thats just me.

I find the excuse for the 335i silly too. But thats what my dealer told me when i first enquire about the e92 335i. He told me that an expat was also interested in the 335i but ended up buying a SG e90 m sport(325i locally assembled) instead since it wasn't available...yet.

My next target is a cayman s which i'll most probably place an order on during this month. Which is why i opted for the e60 instead for the driving comfort and space. Needed a 4 door car and i wanted the e90 m sport until a rather tall friend of mine sat in the rear seat looking like a frankenstein.
Appreciate 0