View Single Post
      04-08-2021, 08:56 PM   #643
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by antzcrashing View Post
I buy individual stocks in large part, trading frequently. This might not be your style but it has worked for me.

Right now it seems like the market has factored in the vaccine and reopening and that the big gains are behind us, but I am not convinced. There is still a lot of money sidelined waiting for the risk(s) to be mitigated before they jump back in. I am almost fully invested (90% in market) and skewed heavily in stocks which will benefit from the reopen (travel, leisure, etc).
Trading or selling? If you're selling, your short term capital gains taxes must be quite big at the end of the year, no?

The market is pretty nuts and has been since July. I really don't get it, but my portfolio has increased substantially so I'm not complaining. I work in mergers and acquisitions and have some sense of where things might be going. The sense I get from my clients (many private equity) is things are going to explode (positively) this year from a financial perspective. Many of my clients have been sitting on large sums of money waiting to pounce and that time seems to be now.

Last edited by XutvJet; 04-08-2021 at 09:03 PM..
Appreciate 1