Noneya
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 X5MC, '14 X1 35i M sport

Garage List
2021 X5MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by antzcrashing View Post
Please define discount to the market. I take that to mean it has a low PE ratio. Lots of companies with high PE ratios go up. Or do you use advanced trading technicals? Either way, you know some numerical indicators of present and maybe future value, but that doesn't guarantee ROI, and it definitely doesn't guarantee a ROI that is better than a certain standard, such as the current bank interest rate, the avg return of the DJI or S&P. Your "safe" way of picking stocks is not a silver bullet, and my "gambling" method of picking stocks and buy points is not a silver anchor. I've learned things that work and things that don't that is how I operate. I never let anyone tell me "you don't know what you are doing". That's what (maybe) wealthy people say to keep other people out of the game.
I meant it in the literal completely trivial sense - whatever the current market price is - if you offer any stock to me for less - I'll buy it on the spot (and then turn around and resell on the market).

It's absolutely your choice and right to ignore expectations and satisfy your heart's desire of gambling. From my point of view it's silly, but I don't have your utility function - plenty people get enjoyment out of gambling. Gamble on.
Appreciate 0