United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 440i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneya View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by antzcrashing View Post
So you dont see any number which ever justify buying an individual stock. Yet you own mutual funds or etfs which are nothing more than a collection of individual stocks (possibly managed by other "smart" people). Whatever makes you happy
That's incorrect. I will happily buy any individual stock if you offer me a price that's at a discount to the market. Anything else assumes that you know more than the market does, which I'll go out on a limb and assume that you, in fact, do not.

I do invest in a various indices, because I do not know anything that the market doesn't.
Please define discount to the market. I take that to mean it has a low PE ratio. Lots of companies with high PE ratios go up. Or do you use advanced trading technicals? Either way, you know some numerical indicators of present and maybe future value, but that doesn't guarantee ROI, and it definitely doesn't guarantee a ROI that is better than a certain standard, such as the current bank interest rate, the avg return of the DJI or S&P. Your "safe" way of picking stocks is not a silver bullet, and my "gambling" method of picking stocks and buy points is not a silver anchor. I've learned things that work and things that don't that is how I operate. I never let anyone tell me "you don't know what you are doing". That's what (maybe) wealthy people say to keep other people out of the game.
Appreciate 0