01-12-2016, 02:38 PM   #19
BMW newbie 2016
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1, Mineral Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verker View Post
Its really a shame with the seats, if anything has kept me from ordering an X1 so far its these mickey mouse seats! I am by no means a tall or fat person, but even with my 180 cm height and roughly 85kgs weight i did not feel comfy at all in those seats. Actually, i should write "on" those seats, cause since they are small it feels more you sit on them, rather than becoming integrated into the vehicle by them. I wish i could rip some seats out of an X5 and fit them into here (ye ye could never fit ofc). The part i do not get: since years and years german car makers and testers have critizised and laughed about japanese / korean cars having seats that they would not even fit in a mini. I would really like to sit some of the tall auto bild journalists into the X1 and listen to what they have to say about seat size... Not sure i will wait 3 years until they realize and fit larger seats when they brush up the X1 for the first time, but i m close to.
You really should try the sport seats. The extra length makes all the difference. Also the adjustable bolsters make the seats almost custom made. Holds you in really well in hard curves. Just an idea. Cheers
Appreciate 0