View Single Post
      03-07-2018, 07:48 AM   #22
hooligan_G01
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i BG/Taco Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
I did crossfit a few years back and really got into it. I did it religiously for 2 years then quit. I can say a few positive things for me about crossfit were:
1. great community atmosphere, you def will get caught up in it and the people.
2. very motivating. class environments for me made it a lot more enjoyable and also more ap to show up each day.
3. you will get in crazy shape (maybe not aesthetic wise though) maybe the best shape you have ever been.

then there was some bad things for me, those were;
1. very hard for me to put on any weight (couldn't eat enough)
2. you will eventually start to throw out form in order to beat others in class or yourself (if your competitive like myself)
3. which in turn you will always have some sort of random injury that your dealing with (for me that was the case)

at the end of the day if you can refrain from always going balls out and really concentrate on your form its very enjoyable and actually really fun. It will push you beyond your limits but watch out for that little devil on your shoulder whispering in your ear, go faster, go faster, suzy is kicking your butt!! lol then you wake up the next morning and can't walk! and she still whooped you!

Bingo.

Many/most of the CrossFit injury stories have a lot more to do with the athlete themselves than they do with the programming or coach.
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10719.50