View Single Post
      10-28-2022, 06:54 AM   #172
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

Congrats after two years, getting the car of your dreams! It looks beautiful, and yes, keep those wheels silver.

The 997 market - especially the .2 cars, is really strong. Ridiculous even. But you only live once, am I right?

When I was dating my now-wife, her youngest was around 7 or 8 when I took him for a ride in my 996 cabriolet. The first time he had ever ridden in a convertible, and he just loved it. We get back to his mom's house and he asked me: "Michael, when you're too old to drive, can I have this car?" I laughed and said sure.

Later the wife tells me that one night, out of the blue, he asked her "how old is Michael?". She told him, and then he had to explain why he cared. Counting the days...

He got really P.O.'d at me when I sold it. "But you promised!" Now he's 25 and understands that he couldn't afford to maintain it, but I think he still holds a grudge.

Every boy should own a 911 at some point, even if we have to wait for our 40s to do it.

BTW, during the pandemic, I was in a similar spot (wanting a spare car) and bought the Ford Mustang GT with the correct number of pedals (3). I got it when the market cratered, so a heck of a deal (new) and I did well when I sold it a year later. Bang for the buck, it's one of the best deals out there. But it's still a cheap Ford, and anyone who's owned a fine European automobile will be disappointed in the long run.
Attached Images

Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 1
Alfisti6502.50