03-17-2016, 07:58 PM   #14
Route 16
I got lei'd
Philippines
Rep
Drives: '10 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wind Breezes View Post
Even a "328" of a camera will be overkill unless you have some very specific technical requirements like needing extreme low light performance, very high resolution or shooting rate. DSLRs have been more than good enough for at least a few years now. Even something like a D5100 / T2i will more than accommodate your usage. I would go Nikon or Canon over Sony as the lens selection is a lot better and frankly lenses are more important than anything else in your capture equation anyway. I'm sure there are adaptors but it's best to not mess with that. Also, re the features you're hot over, I have never used a DSLR that didn't have full exposure control (they all do), and none of the other features you mention are going to make a difference for your usage case. Here's a tip, leave the camera on program mode for most of your shooting unless you need to arrange an unusual exposure. It will meter perfectly every time.

Photography is about actually taking the pictures, which is hard work requiring a lot of skill behind your eye. The camera doesn't matter as long as it's capable of capturing the scene you want, which usually doesn't require exotic features.
Very true, I'm happy with my T1i, my biggest difficulty is having the right lens but I'd still like a new camera after 7 years.
Appreciate 0