View Single Post
      05-07-2022, 03:58 PM   #16
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf the Surf View Post
I have a 60" Sony Bravia LCD, I bought it in 2010 and it's still going strong. I often wonder how much longer it will last. I've probably jinxed myself by posting this.
I had a Pioneer 50" 1010HD I just junked. The TV was a plasma and still "worked". The only issue was severe burn in that was caused by my ex allowing our daughter to touch the remote. She had put the TV in a mode that ran the TV in super retina burning mode. The TV was never the same after and got progressively worse. I bought that TV back around 2003 or so for about $6000.

I still have a Pioneer 60" 141FD running strong that I replaced the 1010HD in the family room. I bought that the year Pioneer announced they were exiting the TV business which was about 2008. This TV still produces a very good picture that still rivals or bests many of the TVs on the market today.

Bought a Sony 65" OLED A90J which was Sony's top of the line TV until the recent introduction of the A95K. The picture on this TV is just absolutely stunning. Had the TV ISF calibrated by the well known D-Nice from AVS Forum in collaboration with Value Electronics where I bought the TV from.
Appreciate 1