02-05-2021, 05:09 AM   #57
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patres14 View Post
Just to be sure, i have an HU with entrynav2, and a 6.5" screen, if i want fx carplay, only replacing the screen isn't enough right? I also need a other HU.
Hi
Entrynav 2 allows 8.8” CID (screen) retrofit and should also allow Carplay activation. Whether you can get Carplay depends on whether your HU has a wlan port on the back, most European cars do have “ wlan preparation” but you may need to remove HU and check the back and also fit a fakra wireless aerial (cheap easy to get). So, in answer to your question, If you have Entrynav 2 HU then you do not normally need to replace it to get Carplay but your HU must have wlan socket on the back so you can install an aerial. In BMW Carplay needs both Bluetooth and wireless to work, it uses both to handle data volume.
If you want to know more about the wlan ready HU, you can check technical doc which has pictures showing location of sockets on back of HU.

https://f48.bimmerpost.com/forums/at...5&d=1443221546

If you want information on who can help enable carplay (they will charge ) then I can PM with two contact names (I have no connection to these people) but please make sure you have “wlan ready” HU first. If you are changing your CID you will need to remove HU anyway.
Attached Images

Last edited by MJE60; 02-05-2021 at 06:08 AM..
Appreciate 1
iceman7117.00