Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i, 340i, m240i, M2C, m340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieA1 View Post
Sorry but the M is due to the car being performances tuned by the M division. It's not a full on M car but it's definitely M inspired and engineered,
Where though? The M340i is really just a 340i with an m-sport package and other optional goodies. Its not a bad car, if anything its a really good car, but M inspired? Its not. The 330i can be optioned the same way as the M340i with exception to the tire and cooling package, but it isn't referred to as the M330i or as an M-performance vehicle. The M340i is just a 330i with the upgraded engine, same as the 335i is a 328i with an upgraded engine and has been for years. The difference this time being, that the luxury-line is no longer available with the larger engine, thus allowing BMW to make the 340 start with the m-sport package and refer to it as an M340/m-performance vehicle.

Again, no where am I saying this is a bad vehicle, but M-performance is just a name, it doesn't hold much meaning.
Sorry that is a mischaracterization. This car transcends a M-sport aesthetic. The engine is tuned to deliver more power. Moreover, it carries several M performance-related tech. Again, it's not the fabled M car, but it certainly is more than what you misrepresent. I'm sure you mean well. But let's be honest about things. It's a notch or two below a M car, and several notches above a 330i and 340i. This is a fucking paradigm shift in the M Performance genre.
Appreciate 0