Dr Thrillride
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8cs

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter.zed View Post
In one sense it was a paperweight already when it came out. I have the previous edition - the Gen3 - 2020 - but it's so lacking in features and software that it's not funny.
I knew that when I bought it - but I really did not want an Apple watch, and I was ok with the lack of features - for the most part.
I know the value of it is nothing - compared to any mechanical watch - but it still looks and feels great. Very solid. Will probably get an other one when the next gen comes out next year - if TAG decides to still make one...

The upside of the non-existing software for it and lack of features is that it will actually run just as well in 4 years as it runs now - since there's no updates for it

As for Facer - 99% of "custom watch faces" either absolutely kill the battery or are just crap. Specially in AOD mode.
Had a few hundreds downloaded at one point, but I've only been using this in past two years - almost exclusively:
Yes agreed. I don’t run Facer anymore. The watch is fine but sits in its charger too much. Versatility is poor
Appreciate 0