View Single Post
      01-19-2024, 09:53 PM   #27
ddiepo
Registered
Rep
Drives: Honda Fit, BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEITGEIST74 View Post
I was having this exact issue on my 2016 X1 with 45k miles. I took it into a BMW dealership service department and told them I believed it needed a computer update from what I’ve read to fix the issue and was charged nearly $550 ($175 to diagnose) to fix the car. I’m pretty annoyed that they even charged me when it’s their software “glitch.” I’m rather shocked it wasn’t a recall as I don’t feel I should be out $550 to fix a problem that their own software causing the issue to begin with. Not happy about this at all… should I contact BMW about this or is everyone having to pay $550 or am I just a sucker. I feel like this could be a class action lawsuit. It’s also a dangerous issue since the car can jerk backwards or forwards if you’re not prepared.
I have the same problem, it seems random but behaves exactly as described. Anyone know if this cost is typical for dealers? If so I'd be happy to try to do it myself if I can, but suspect I wouldn't be able to get my hands on the updated firmware or instructions.
Appreciate 0