06-04-2020, 07:48 PM   #4015
AlpineWhite_SJ
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP, 2020 F97 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by unluky View Post
I work in the industry and I hear this often. But I also know it is almost always answered by someone who is biased. I like Sig's - so of course my mind goes there first. Glocks are great firearms and many people love them, but I do not care for them. They just don't fit my hand like Sig's do. Everyone has a different hand.

I always advise to find an indoor range that has rentals. Many have a wide selection of guns you can test fit in your hand and even rent by the hour. A local one to my home town lets you rent one for the hour, but you can swap it out with anything cheaper during that hour - of course you have to buy ammo - but still a great way to try a lot of guns to find what fits for you. They will help you get started and be safe too and usually have cheap/free classes if you buy a gun from them.

To me it is like a car - you have to test a few to see what you like and more importantly what you don't like.

Revolvers are easy and good for inexperienced people who might not be able to clear a jam in their sleep like people who shoot a lot do. But they have a big disadvantage in capacity and they are not as much fun to plink with if you decide you like shooting and take it up as a hobby.

They are an expensive investment - so make sure you get what you like and make FOR SURE you learn to use it properly and safely.

Good luck - it's a great sport - you will enjoy it!
This is great advice.

Check local range policies on rentals before you go though. Ours don't let solo people walk in and rent if they don't have their own firearm or aren't in a small group/with another firearm owner. Something related to preventing people from coming in and suiciding themselves, but could be just some weird CA thing.
Appreciate 1
unluky7528.00