View Single Post
      03-03-2020, 07:04 PM   #7
31 Express
Rep
Drives: 2018 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by //TMT View Post
Wait, there's such a stored code and the dealer can't fix it? A misfire isolated to one cylinder is one of the simplest situations, in my opinion. The most obvious causes are a bad coil pack, a bad injector or a bad spark plug
After that, coolant leaks, valve issues, and more serious stuff. A bad MAF, or bad gas, or other issues would affect all cylinders equally.
An indy would have plenty to go on, but if the dealer sends you home, I'd definitely inquire if the regional tech can inspect. You might have to ask BMW, and the dealer won't be pleased, but...
I think the dealer is just using this as an excuse being that they can't diagnose the true issue. The coil packs and plugs have all been swapped with the same results, nothing changes.
There is little doubt that moisture is causing the issue and I believe it is affecting more than just #2 cylinder.
Probably going to try an independent tech when I figure out who in the area to trust with the car. Either that or try to get to a dealer if/when the problem arises again. The hard part is to not shut the car off before someone can scan it. Never know when it might act up.
Thanks for the feedback!
Appreciate 0