View Single Post
      02-18-2020, 02:15 PM   #17
beemerlover13
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: not sure..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_rocket88 View Post
I was honestly so surprised they made the X2 m35i instead of it being in an X1. For that reason.. I just got the X2 m35i I do like the styling because it's more unique, it is a tad lower, and a tad shorter. Which .. is what the OP beemerlover13 wanted.. just with the X1 exterior!

My wife has a 16 x1 msport and although the msport bits are nice.. it's a completely different animal. Honestly speaking, the insides aren't a lot different, the sloping rear of the X2 makes it seem a little more cramped. Let's face it, the trunks are not huge either way. I'm sure someone with enough effort and drive could literally swap almost everything from an X2 into the X1 chassis so much is similar. I would think BMW would not recoup the difference in sales vs cost to build it. People are just interested in the base models. Even with what little X2's are on the road, there are even less m35i models.
Yeah I was comparing the two x2 and x1 and the x1 fell short in some areas as far as room, which leads me to wish that they eliminate the x2 and add an x1 performance model and do away with the sline. Keep xdrive model and add a performance xdrive performance model. That would cover all buyers imo.. they did it now with the 2 series. They have a 2 series coup with an m performance model, the m2, the 2 series GC with a performance model. I'd be all over the x1 performance model even if the price went 5k up..
Appreciate 0