09-30-2020, 08:33 AM   #8
Davy Jordi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F39 X2 M35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunBMW View Post
I agree that piece of mind is a big deal. I like the fact that between an extended service and warranty plans I have a solid period of time without many out of pocket expenses for my vehicles. I suppose over the years I have come out ahead more times than not. For me it is worth it and I purchased both extended plans for the 3 vehicles we currently own.
this is also good to know. i had an extended warranty on my previous car which i kept all of two years haha - it was a 2018 lexus is300 f sport, but i had a piggyback unit on it and i was worried that something might have gone wrong, but nothing did and i didn't keep the car long enough to see if it would.

i'm still debating on whether routing funds towards an extended warranty would be better than routing them into retirement savings. decisions, decisions, decisions! i mean, everyone who is anyone in finance will tell you that purchasing a car and keeping it longterm will make the most sense fiscally, but it can really become boring after a while to have the same car for year after year after year. so the question really comes down to whether or not i think i'm going to keep this vehicle for five or six years before buying another. i'm certainly not going to keep it out of warranty. it's a cool car, but it's not special enough to keep for the next fifty years. hah.