Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Black Sapphire Z4MR

Garage List
2014 BMW X5  [0.00]
2011 Scion tC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
Are you talking about the 370Z which is an outdated turd or the new car to which no price has been announced? That 3.7L engine sounds like a trash compactor once you get over 5k RPM and I've driven plenty of 4 Cylinder engines that didn't feel like they were going to self destruct near redline. Noisy ass manual transmission with clutch pedals that sometimes don't work. I'm not giving Nissan credit for anything. Maybe this new engine will do the car justice but the VQ was past its prime long before Nissan bored it out to 3.7L and the reason the 370Z sold poorly is because it just wasn't that great of a sports car as I would own a 4-Cylinder S2000 over a 370Z any day of the week.
VQ was outdated, and the platform itself is outdated in 2009, Nissan also never spent the kind of R&D required as they were too busy building the GTR to care at that time.

And you are not wrong, my non boosted NC Miata was far faster on the track than my 370Z, but then I never owned it long enough to find out consider how much I did not enjoy the drive, nor had it reliable enough to find how fast it can actually be

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakystyly View Post
The 350/70z never were amazing at any one thing, but the fact that they existed in the first place at least breathed some life into that segment.
There is one thing they were amazing at, its the amount of people that gawk at mine when I had mine, and aside from wheels and it being lowered was all it had, that car got more looks from passerbys than any of my other cars.

I will return to the track, one day.
Appreciate 0