Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Here is the 2021 BMW X2 Edition M Mesh

BIMMERPOST NEWS
2021 BMW X2 Edition M Mesh
COMMENTS

Woodcliff Lake, NJ - Sept . 29, 2020…Today, BMW announces a special edition trim package for the 2021 model year X2 Sports Activity Coupe. The new package will not be limited in the number of vehicles that can be ordered with it. Available on X2 sDrive28i and xDrive28i models, the new design package adds:
  • M Sport X exterior package
  • M Mesh kidney grille
  • Choice of metallic paint including, for the first time on the X2, Brooklyn Grey Metallic
  • New 19-inch M Aerodynamic Style 919M wheels with orange or black highlights
  • 8-Speed Sport automatic transmission with steering wheel paddle shifters
  • Specially selected interior appointments including Edition badging
  • M Sport Seats with leather upholstery

The Edition M Mesh package is priced at $3,550. The MSRP for the 2021 X2 sDrive28i is $36,600 plus $995 Destination and $38,600 plus $995 Destination for the X2 xDrive28i.

2021 BMW X2 Edition M Mesh

Exterior Design

The Edition M Mesh includes exterior features from the optional M Sport X package such as the M Sport Exterior package, Shadowline Trim and Extended Shadowline Trim. The new high-gloss black BMW M Mesh kidney grille has three-dimensional mesh-inserts and launches with 11/20 production on the M235i but is now also available on 28i models with the Edition M Mesh package.

Shadowline exterior trim includes high-gloss black window and exterior mirror surrounds and B-pillar and C-pillar trim. The rear trunk lid badge surround and the exhaust tips are finished in black chrome.

Five exteriors color choices – Alpine White, Brooklyn Grey Metallic (new), Phytonic Blue Metallic, Black Sapphire Metallic and Sunset Orange Metallic - make up the paint selection for the special edition package. U.S. models do not feature orange or black exterior decals.

Unique new 19-inch and optional 20-inch M Aerodynamic wheels with either black or orange highlights complete the exterior appearance. The 19-inch wheels are shod with 225/45R19 runflat tires while the 20-inch wheels are equipped with 225/40R20 runflat tires. Both wheel sizes are available with a choice of either all-season or summer performance tires.

Interior Design

The interior of the Edition M Mesh package is highlighted by the M Sport seats with integrated headrests - previously only available on the X2 M35i – which are finished in Black Perforated Dakota Leather. Special door sills with “Edition” lettering, Aluminum Hexagon trim with Pearl Grey Chrome accents and an M Sport steering wheel with paddle shifters are included.

Drivetrain

Both two-wheel drive and all-wheel drive X2 28i models are powered by a 2.0-liter 4-cylinder BMW TwinPower Turbo engine producing 228 hp at 5,000 – 6,000 rpm and 258 lb.-ft. of torque at 1,450 – 4,500 rpm. The sDrive28i model sprints from 0 to 60 mph in 6.6 seconds while the added traction of the xDrive28i allows it to reach 60 mph in 6.3 seconds.

For models equipped with the 19-inch or 20-inch M Aerodynamic wheels and all-season tires, top speed is limited to 130 mph. Selecting summer performance tires increases the top speed limit to 144 mph on the sDrive28i and 143 mph on the xDrive28i.

A standard 8-speed Sport Steptronic automatic transmission allows for quick and seamless gear shifts in either automatic mode or in manual mode via the gear selector lever or steering wheel mounted paddle shifters.

Technology

The BMW X2 28i models come equipped with standard an 8.8-inch high-resolution center touch display, navigation with up to four annual over-the-air map updates, Apple CarPlay compatibility, SiriusXM satellite radio with 1-year All-Access subscription and Bluetooth wireless connectivity for your mobile devices. Wireless charging for compatible mobile devices is optional.

Active Driving Assistant is standard and includes frontal collision warning with city collision mitigation, lane departure warning, speed limit information and automatic high beams. Active cruise control with stop & go is available as an option.

Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0