09-10-2020, 09:58 PM   #13
Will Pwr
eM Power Me
Rep
Drives: '23 AW i4 eDrive40 M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacrX View Post
Hey also- what do you guys think about FWD vs AWD? I'm in SoCal, but I can definitely feel the difference, mostly the torque steer, and prefer the AWD.
Recently picked up an X2 sDrive 2.8i M Sport and I've been really happy with it. As a point of reference, it replaced my wife's previous Lexus NX F Sport, so we are status quo in terms of drive wheels. going with AWD is a good option and it comes down to if the added cost is needed/worth it to your use. The AWD system is front biased one, but in the end it's still AWD. I've only noticed slight torque steer once where I was trying to invoke it on purpose (hard corner and mashing throttle) and it wasn't bad...if anything that could be partly due to lack of optimal traction with the RFTs. At the end of the day, I enjoy the X2 M Sport and am really happy with the purchase.

As others said, you will have a reduction in some luxury amenities going from an X6 to an X2, but you are still in the same BMW F chassis generation so it won't be as stark of a difference between a G chassis generation.

End of the day, the best advice I can give you is drive them both...between the X2 M Sport and the X3 M Sport, there are noticeable differences with give and takes on both sides. Though not an ideal example, theres's obviously differences between the X2 and X3M I have, but they both shine in their own right and usage. Hope that helps a bit.
'20 Alpine White F97 ///X3MC
'20 Alpine White F39 ///X2 M Sport X
Appreciate 0