MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Shore Trader View Post
Hi, all.

Recently upgraded to a 2018 X2 from a 2014 328 GT.

On the GT I could disable the Auto Stop/Start feature by pressing the button to disable it (light on) and do this on a few consecutive rides (3??) and then the car would remember my preference.

I've tried this with the X2 with no success.

Is it different with this model and year??.

Thx in advance.

Cheers from Toronto Canada.
Hi
The BMW system does have a remember last setting option for stop-start and it can be enabled using Bimmercode and other tools. I would imagine your dealer could also do it for you. Unfortunately it is not an iDrive menu option. I understand that in certain countries/regimes like the EU (and presumably Canada) which are “nanny state” have decided it must default to “on” every time you switch off your car. The BMW internal menu allows a number of setting including switching off stop-start entirely. I changed mine to “remember last setting. You could try going to the general BMW coding forum and ask if there is someone in your neighbourhood who would be willing to change the setting for you.

There are times I am happy with stop-start being enabled and there are other occasions where the delay it causes in pulling out into traffic is an irritant.

Last edited by MJE60; 03-21-2019 at 07:07 AM..
Appreciate 0