View Single Post
      04-15-2018, 09:45 AM   #12
B58togo
Major
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Carrots View Post
The b58 seems pretty stout but you think the internals will hold up to a flash/ps2 setup (assuming one ever comes)?

I've already had to replace one engine just running stock so running 20 psi+ in this is a little concerning out of warranty
Time will tell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by olehead View Post
There has to be more ie E85 etc In order to have a ET of 11.5 and a MPH of 115 - with a estimated weight of car and driver of 3500 lbs (probably low estimate ) you would need over 430HP at the flywheel which equals about 380 at the wheels - You can check any 1/4 HP calculator on line- they are not exact but we have found them to be ballpark.
E85 does nothing for this platform. 115 trap is attainable with those mods (although I just noticed he's not fully catless; has a 200 cell cat; even more impressive!). Like I posted before, there are several 340i's trapping ~115 over on n54tech, with just piggyback, intake, DP. This platform seems very inconsistent from car to car. I think it's mostly due to throttle closures. I lose a TON of forward momentum on WOT shifts. And of course, there will always be "fast" tracks and "slow" tracks. But regardless, an 11.5 is attainable with X-Drive on a 115 trap with a strong launch.