05-08-2016, 08:50 AM   #16
Bill_P
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive 20i xLine MW

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
You managed to drive it much yet Bill, what are your thoughts?
Have not done much mileage yet unfortunately - we were caught on the hop in the middle of a total bathroom upgrade as the car was not due until this coming week. We have a bit longer journey due next Sunday but only about 150 miles.

Having said that I have been really impressed by every aspect of the X1 - I can not think of a single negative issue (apart from availability of key covers - I have a black one due Tuesday and a Mocha by the end of the month!).

I particularly like:

The gearbox - hardly notice the shifts at all - obviously driving very gentle at the moment.

The HUD - awesome - no, it does not get in the way but it does really keep you on top of the speed limits.

Comfort Access - totally used to locking and unlocking with the key in a pocket but still reaching to take out the (phantom) key after stopping the engine.

Voice Commands - just starting to use this and was very impressed - was not expecting too much.

Really quiet - hardly ever hear the engine at the moment.

I still have lots of exploring to do - only found the engine temperature gauge a couple of days ago.

Overall score at the moment - I would have to give it 10/10 as I have not found anything I am not happy with
Appreciate 0