View Single Post
      06-05-2020, 08:24 AM   #5
Shagohod
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F48 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_R View Post
Sorry a bit late to the party. I just noticed this thread.
No matter what people say about the problem not being Turbo Lag, after reading all the posts in this thread, there is no doubt in my mind the description of Turbo Lag fits the scenario for many people.
If people care to look on other forums, it happens a lot with the Audi Q5 TFSI (252 bhp UK version) and by being in Sport mode the Lag disappears. Many other 4 cylinder very efficient Gasoline (Petrol)Turbo engines have this problem. So the solution adopted was when waiting to join the traffic flow we always changed to Sport mode. This mapping appears to keep the turbo spinning fast enough to make the throttle pedal more responsive for a quick getaway. Once up to speed in traffic, we changed back to Eco pro/comfort.
I went through the same deal when I first bought my car, wondering why there was a huge delay, and I agree with you now. The transmission disengaging is not what causes this problem, I'm already moving forward when the delay is a factor. Simply just out of the power band, and having the revs higher fully solves this problem. It's just a lazy little 4 banger down low, for emissions or efficiency I'm sure. I've fully adjusted to it and never feel like it causes me sketchy moments anymore. This is also why the pedal tuner doesn't fix anything, people say it's less pronounced but still present because they are simply throttling through those low rpms a hair faster. I dont know, this is just the conclusion I ended up coming to, and like I said it's fully not a problem for me now that I've adjusted to it.
Appreciate 0