04-22-2019, 04:27 AM   #16
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by basmusicman View Post
A bit off topic but hopefully someone can help. is it possible to change the 6.5 touch screen for a 8.8 non touch as I made a mistake and ordered the non touch version and seller won't take it back thanks
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to read your problem with screen, if you got it off eBay then some people would just claim it is faulty and force a return. If you bought it fixed price from business seller then you are entitled legally to return it (within time window). Unfortunately I have seen at least two eBay listings where sellers are deliberately trying to confuse buyers into believing their screen is a touch version when a check on the part number shows it is not. For anyone else tempted to buy an 8.8” screen, check the part number, if necessary ask for help on this forum.

With regard to coding a non-touch display then yes it is possible, I would have to check but think there are just two Ecu where setting for touch is aktiv or nicht (active or not), so quick and easy change.

I would however, not advise making the change as the part would/could never have been factory fitted and therefore will always stand out on BMW systems, i.e it will throw a fault whenever BMW update software. Another problem is the coding change could not easily be made permanent.
If you cannot force a return then sell it on, take the hit and buy the correct oem part. Imo it is the most beneficial retrofit you can make on the car. I would be more than happy to confirm the correct part number for you, I would just need the last 7 digits of your VIN (you can PM me with details).

Last edited by MJE60; 04-22-2019 at 05:31 AM..
Appreciate 0