View Single Post
      10-29-2010, 07:56 PM   #21
jxnco
First Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Finally ordered my 528i yesterday. There was a big note on the price (Subject to a 3-5% price increase). He kinda assured me that it's a formality and the chances of it happening is slim.

My specs are:
Alpine White/Cinnamon Brown/Ash
1. Sunroof - can't live without it
2. Soft Close Doors - although my dealer told me i don't need it, my wife really wants it.
3. Anthracite headliner - dealer insists that the price is 4500 + FRT unless i can show him a receipt that says it's 4700 (inc FRT)
4. Rear sunblinds - Chiver, thanks for the tip. I think it's a must have option more so if you have/will have kids in the future. Asked the dealer about retrofitting, he said the rear electric one can't be retrofitted, the ones on the rear passenger window that's manual can be. Not sure if he knows what he is talking about.
5. Smartphone connectivity - dealer said not needed coz i can always use the USB drive. I'm not sure too if it's really needed but what the heck, it's not that expensive and can't be retrofitted so i went for it.

Regarding Park Assist - my dealer said I don't really need it and he discouraged me from getting it. He did quote me the same (HKD6500 + FRT).

As for the IAS and Comfort Seats, found them too pricey.

He also suggested me to ditch my 17" RFTs for 19" non RFTs when the car arrives. He said the ride will be so much better. He claims RFTs is BMW's way of saving cost. Although RFT is more expensive than non RFT, they don't need to provide that extra wheel for non RFT so overall they save on cost.

So there it is. 5 months and counting. Jan 2011 build.

Thanks for all the help guys!
Appreciate 0