GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
So just to set the record a bit straight regarding "Japanese Engine Manufacturers".
Those are fairly common Business School cases that include interviews with the Japanese execs who were there (and the US consultants who tried to help).

Same with Samuel Adams Lite being, originally, a failure so mid-90s some of the consultants went looking for something European they could import (since fancy sold better) and they found Stella Artois which was a funny inside joke because SA, same initials. Stella has just bought Labatt's which gave them a north american base and those dudes paved the way for millions of pretentious americans to overpay for mediocre beer.

Those were also the days that gave birth to "private equity" groups like Bain Capital who decided it was easier (and far more lucrative) to buy a company and fix it versus get hired by it as consultants. Unfortunately the combination of boston consultants and wall street led to LBOs and the destruction of profit incentives in favor of financial shell games which brings us back to mid-teens shale oil and the wall of debt PEGs have created there that's about to topple and kill oil prices for the next few years.

Connections.

Anyway, since nobody's reading this anymore, as for Marin County mountain bikes, which were originally modded Schwinn World Tour road bikes I happened to be there for that one and stupidly traded an original Specialized Stumpjumper for a Diamond Back Apex with new-fangled index shifting. At the time it was a great trade cause that chromoly Apex is still the best riding mountain bike I've ever had, but I bet that Stumpy would be worth a lot now.

Last edited by GrussGott; 11-11-2020 at 07:38 PM..
Appreciate 0