View Single Post
      02-17-2020, 04:46 PM   #10
beemerlover13
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: not sure..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feddersen View Post
I totally get what you say. I am coming from an F30 335i with M Performance Kit, and currently waiting for my X1 25i/28i to arrive. I needed something higher and started looking for a new car about two years ago. During my search I was hoping for an M35i version to come but I also realized that regardless the amount of power in an X1 it will never ever be the same as in a sedan or coupe (like my wifes M240i). So I accepted that the X1 would become an all rounder build for practicality and comfort rather than performance. Just the height of the car will prevent it feeling like a sports car even though it has the power. And to be honest the 25i/28i is not a slow car.
I came out of a 320i rear wheel manual, and track handling package. I loved it, and I suppose I could've gotten snow tires and swapped them each season.. but I kinda liked the style of the x1 and with a baby on the way it seemed more practical. I do like it and the fact that it has very similar dimensions except for height as the previous 3 series. It def doesn't handle like my 3 series did, but that was to be expected. If it just had a bit sportier suspension and a tad more punch it would be perfect imo. I do not like the x2 styling at all either.
Appreciate 0