View Single Post
      07-03-2014, 06:38 PM   #5
Amgeater2
Major
Rep
Drives: X6M, M8, Mc 600LT, 296GTB

Test drove the m3 today !!! MT need to go DCT

So test drove the M3 MT, I do have to say the first thing in my mind was how nice is this car inside and out, BMW and the M division did the right touches on the new f80.

The bad:

* to adjust the steering it is manual, it's not electric (I was confuse/shock)
* when you put the car the car on reverse the park assist system doesn't come on neither does the camera, you actually have to to press the parktronic button... I was shock and confuse again
* this seats don't have anymore the adjustment at the bottom is all set on one position.... I actually love that feature on the e90
The steering wheel didnt feel as thick as the m sport on the e90, i may be wrong on this one but it just felt that way.
* the clutch pedal felt so long and there is no way again no way i will get this car without the DCT... If you are a die hard mt guy then get it but its not impressive or comfortable at all... Again imo guys !!
* the right side mirror didnt adjust automatically down for a better view when the car was on reverse. ( may be the salesman didnt know how to set the car to do so ) and yes i did push the mirror adjustment bottom to the left mirror and nothing...

The good:

* Lots of power and plenty of torque (as usual bmw is underrating this car on the numbers)
* the suspension is amazing !!
* the braking system was a bit too touchy for my taste but when you need stopping power is there 100% very impressive. If you are dd the regular braking system felt more than enough for the car, so cc brakes will be a plus but not a must have unless you track your car. again imo guys !! (but they look awesome)
* let me make this clear there is NO video or clip that can justify how nice the exhaust note was and inside the cabin the sound is pure sex !!
* the electronic steering was awesome and it felt very non electronic, i was very concern about this but after a couple of hard corners and hard braking it felt GREAT !!! Well done M division
Appreciate 0