View Single Post
      10-15-2008, 10:19 AM   #17
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

If the dealer didn't keep your car overnight then they definitely haven't updated the software. However what they might have done is reset both the engine and gearbox adaptations via the GT1 machine. It is no longer possible to reset the adaptations yourself using the throttle pedal as we used to do on E46s. People who say otherwise are unfortunately misguided!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clivem2 View Post
Failure.....

When I got to the garage they wanted to diagnose etc. They can only update if there's a problem. Had I been reading forums....... They road tested the car, said it was fine. They are now going to research the problem via their own internal forum. I asked them to get a statement from BMW as to whether 1s to 1.5s of lag at low revs in 3r / 4th gear is acceptable, especially as when the engine is cold lag is less than 0.5s.

The strange thing is that driving home the lag characteristic is now different, it's more linear, it is still there but somehow the curve has changed so it's less noticeable. I wonder if they reset the throttle adaptation. How do you do this on the E9x? I knew how to do it on my E4x.
Appreciate 0