View Single Post
      07-21-2005, 01:29 AM   #21
bookman2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i SP, PP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken1
I didn't get the water blade. I don't like the idea of drying my car like that. If i do get it eventually, I would only use it to clean my windows!
I used the Water Blade and California Duster on my E39 for 3 years without a problem. The key is surface preparation. The Blade should only be used after the car has been thoroughly washed and immediately after rinsing. The purpose of the Blade is to quickly remove water from the vehicle's larger surfaces (hood, roof, trunk, windows, etc) before the water can spot the finish. Then you follow with a high quality chamois and finish drying. The California Duster will not scratch your car's paint surface if it is properly maintained. Shake it out and run your fingers through it to insure no particulate matter remains then use it, remembering not to press into the surface (we're dusting not scrubbing). Dust will practically leap from your car onto this thing. Never wash it! For some reason that strips it of its dust attracting qualities. Just remember to store it in its carrier and shake it out while running your fingers through it before and after each use. That's all you need to do. I used my 4 year old Duster on my new 330i two days after bringing it home. No worries.
Appreciate 0