02-02-2019, 01:36 PM   #17
Harryg
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 4series Grand Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJE60 View Post
Sorry, no idea but many of the units I have seen are very similar and all look to be coming out of China. My post was replying to a query about how these “android” units are able to work in a beemer rather than recommending them. Sorry if I gave the wrong impression. These Chinese 10.25” android units do however potentially solve CarPlay problems for some X1 owners who otherwise cannot get carplay. I upgraded my 6.5” CID with a genuine BMW 8.8” screen and so do not know how reliable they are.
Thanks for that I too fitted the 8.8inch screen but I was going to fit the android unit until I read all the posts on the 3/4 series forums regarding these units and I still cant believe why people are buying these for around the £400 mark when you see all the problems people are having they have went from android 4.4 t0 7.1 and now 8.1within months and still the problems persist. If they were not so problematic I may have went for one of these units but all of them seem the same just re badged maybe in 2 years time they will get it sorted.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1500481

link from 3 series forums.
Appreciate 1