///Makis
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrveron View Post
Hi guys, how are you?

I recently purchased lowered springs from Eibach and I'm looking to add some wheel spacers to complement the look of my 2017 X1 M-Sport sDrive, with stock 18" wheels (7.5Jx18 ET51, 225/50 tyres).

Searching the forum, I found this post: https://f48.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...686&page=3

I saw that some of you guys are running 13mm or 15mm spacers (square setup to avoid understeer), but from my measurements it doesn't look right.

I measured 19mm from the outside of fender to the tyre; then I measured 14mm for the fender lip. Considering those numbers, I don't have much room to fit a spacer (please see attachments). What am I doing wrong?

Anyway, I'm asking for your experience guys. Any trouble with 13mm or 15mm spacers? Any rubbing with the fenders? Any problem when the X1 is loaded or when the suspension is compressed, e.g. with a road bump?

Thanks in advance!
I quickly went through the thread you posted and I think I saw one post who had spacers and was lowered but on different wheels so it wouldn't be an apples to apples comparison.

I'd say get 13s to be safe.

You can always get 13 and 15s to try both out, front and back and see if the 15s rub upfront and if so move them to the back and keep the 13s upfront.

I realize it's not ideal but you can sell the ones you don't use and buy a second set of the ones you ultimately use to keep a square setup.

IMO on an x1, I wouldn't be terribly worried about a 2mm difference In spacer size and it affecting understeer that much, it's a front wheel drive SUV, anyone driving it like it's a race car is an idiot.
Appreciate 1
jrveron265.50