View Single Post
      03-01-2017, 01:19 PM   #65
Dosturbos
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F48 X1 MSport

Thoughts on JB4 for B48 X1

This was actually an experience. Burger has updated their products, and although they are very responsive through email, I feel that the product would benefit from more trouble shooting advice, pictures and documentation. Also, it feels like you have to dig to find stuff, some quick links would be hugely helpful in this instance. I didn't know the serial port is now inside the enclosure, so that was frustrating. I will say the new OBDII setup is much easier to deal with over the positaps. The first chip I received from Burger was defective so my installer and I were left scratching our heads. Thankfully Burger, even Terry himself, was quick to respond. Be prepared to take pics of installation for troubleshooting purposes. Burger definitely stands behind their products so that was good to see. Once everything was in working order the chip was a breeze to put in. There are only two connections in the engine bay that you need to connect to on the harness. The OBDII cables connects through the firewall. It's actually less intimidating than it sounds.
Map switching/assignment is easily handled through the BC button on the steering wheel.
I set it to map 2. 6lbs of boost over stock.
How does it feel?
I enjoy the improvement. It's not super dramatic, but it's very noticeable. There is a lot more pep and the gears feel shorter. The car is so smooth that you don't feel it as much as you would in a sedan. 0-40 is the most noticeable. It makes me wish the car was lighter because I'd love to toss it around in the corners a bit and accelerate out of sharp turns. I feel more top end on the highway. Passing is easier. It makes for a more spirited driving experience.
I'd be curious to see how she holds up to a custom ECU tune.
No complaints though and happy Burger does what they do.
I'm curious if anyone is making intakes for the X1?
Appreciate 0