View Single Post
      03-23-2015, 11:51 PM   #20
jrbundy
Rep
Drives: M235i EB/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
The decision really doesn't relate to how many others have done it nor the price/segment of their vehicle. Your personal decision either way makes most sense based on your tolerance for paint chips and how important it is to keep the original paint from the factory. If you don't mind having paint chips and/or repairs, protective film may not be the best value for you.
That is true. I had a truck for 13 years. When I sold it, I noticed a lot of chips all over. I decided that I did not want to get my new car repainted and even if I did, I did not want to live with chips until the right time to repaint. Even then, once it is repainted, you're in the same position with a non-original paint job.

So I got film applied over part of it. It might not protect everything, but it should help the areas the are most likely to get chipped. It also might just be in my head.

At the end of the day, you need to decide what it is worth to you. You can think of it as a kind of insurance for your paint, and decide that way.

JB
Appreciate 0