03-23-2015, 10:15 PM   #11
hoppy6698
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i, Estoril Blue on Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatte View Post
Thanks for the descriptive reply. I am really not well versed with the terms that you just used. I am assuming that the XPEL clear coat with Modesta coating is the same as XPEL Ultilate.
It is sufficient to just get the 1200 package right or should we go for the 1650 package. I don't know what the risk is and if it's worth the price. You can get your car repainted for a little over 2000$
Still confused about whether to get it or not. I asked a lot of people at work who said they've never gotten it done and two of them owns a Tesla Model S and a 2013 Porsche Carrera 4S.
Protection is up to you v. the damage that could be done. Its not about one repaint, but for every chip, are you willing to pay $400-500 to have it fixed?

For me, the XPEL was worth it. It is so clear and thin you cannot tell if it is there unless you look for it. I also track, so the protection is great for road debris to protect the lights and front bumper from road rash.