01-21-2009, 02:01 PM   #6
mad chemist
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by esscolab View Post
I have noticed this a couple of times. Been driving under 15 mph in 2nd, put foot down and nothing.... for about half a second the car doesn't respond then it picks up as normal. Doesn't do it every time but am beginning to notice it.

I have only noticed this after the Evolve remap, the SSTT/ Superchips never did this.

Perhaps I am being too harsh, it could be a fuel pump issue but would like to know from anyone else with a remap if they see similar issues.

esscolab,

I'm running SSTT and apart from the car being a bit edgier at slow speeds, when I floor the throttle, even at just over 700 rpm in 1,2 or 3rd gear the car very quickly comes on boost and by ~1500 rpm is really pulling hard. Got to say I'm very impressed with SSTT - especially with Tesco 99 fuel and the K&N drop-in.

With regards your issue, I'd take your car back to Evolve. Most tuning companies offer so-called "updates". It may be that the cold weather we are currently experiencing is effecting how the flashed ECU responds to throttle openings on/off boost. For example, I know JB3 v1.2 has been updated to reduce CEL (check engine light) codes which occurred with a lot of users during the cold weather in the US.

Just my 10 pence worth. Other than that could be many things, fuel pump, poor octane fuel or loose intercooling plumbing.

Mad.
Appreciate 0