01-30-2020, 07:00 PM   #18
VWAudi2BMW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: drei BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmesq View Post
I bought aspherical mirrors for both sides on eBay for $100 each, shipped from eastern Europe. Both were in great shape. At first, they made me a little bit sick when I looked at them while moving, but I quickly adapted.

BMW cheaped out in newer cars, so the passenger side doesn't have auto dim. There isn't even a wire for it. I guess you could buy an actual Euro mirror for the driver's side and save a few bucks by getting the aftermarket mirror for the passenger side.
I have heard really mixed things about the aspherical mirrors regarding it being hard to determine what part you are looking at, field of view, motion sickness, etc. A big reason why I never went for it on my VW. ECS tuning had real VW ones for a few hundred and knock-offs with blue tint. I was going to go for the blue tint because I was always being blinded in my GTI. A ton of people had them go bad within a year or so, lots had the blue peel off, glass distortion, etc. Before I ever did anything with the bubble ones, I traded it in for the BMW and they sold it with the bubble mirror on it still

A really nice thing with these is that they look factory-ish like a Ford fusion or similar with the ones integrated. But there is separation and you know right where to look. These still take a little getting used to for sure, but they are pretty good sized and you get a big viewable area. I can't imagine you could see as much with the vertical aspherical ones?
Sedan
Lots of burbles and POPS
Appreciate 0