View Single Post
      11-10-2019, 06:26 PM   #8
mrcarey
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by satz View Post
Worse than that was the alignment of the two front doors. Both had their top trailing edges about 3mm out of being flush when closed. Interestingly the rest of the doors were sitting flush.

The dealer's solution was to adjust so they closed more, but now the previously good parts are actually in a little, compared to the edge of the rear doors.

So the front doors were actually made slightly crookedly/twisted, as I don't think it was just a case of the doors not closing enough.

How does this happen in a high-tech robotized factory nowadays???
Saw the same with mine. The drivers front to drivers rear alignment is horrendous. Passenger side its damn near perfect. Honestly, I'm very disappointed with craftsmanship of this car's exterior. There's also a huge misalignment between the front bumper and the hood... where the hood is several mm lower and not flush. Need I remind BMW that the X2 is a BMW?

I hope they are monitoring this forum. I work in Munich a lot and have thought about talking to someone about this car's exterior during one of my trips to BMW Welt or something. Then again, the rest of the car's handling and interior is spot on. So...
Appreciate 0