11-12-2019, 12:15 AM   #27
Gamb1t
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 330i,X1,Z4,Solstice GXP, RX-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinon72 View Post
Except the motor vehicle was a humanity changing innovation compared to the horse and carriage. The electric car is just another iteration of the motor vehicle, where the environmental benefits are questionable. No one really knows what the strain on the grid will be or where these batteries will go once they are used up.
That's the million dollar question. No one really knows. There will be a tipping point where the current power grid cannot supply the juice. One may also ask, what energy source are these power stations generating from? Coal? fossil fuel generators? That's dirty still. Nuclear? Hydro? Tell that to countries with little kinetic water source.... solar?

The rise in EV means less demand on petrol... when that happens, crude oil prices will go down which in turn lower gas prices. What happens then?
Unless governments mandate a stoppage on ICE vehicles, there may reach a balance of co-existence with these two automotive energy sources.

I was driving to work last week and I saw a Model 3 following a school bus diesel. The school bus gunned it at the lights and left a cloud of smoke on the Tesla. I couldn't help chuckled at the irony.
Appreciate 0