05-21-2021, 02:18 PM   #70
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN-AWD View Post
Some 2 Series info and the SLP Plant in Mexico:

"Even though production begins this summer, first units of the 2 Series will arrive in the United States in November. In comparison, the European markets will have to wait until January 2022."

https://www.bmwblog.com/2021/05/19/b...g-summer-2021/
Interesting that bmwblog are saying that all 2 series production will take place at the Mexican plant.

MR. posted yesterday that the G87 will be produced in Mexico for the North American market and at Leipzig for the European market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
Just to let you know guys... I am not following this topic since I am too busy, but I got some new info.

Individual colors will be available on 2-Series and M2. 1-Series can be ordered with individual colors from September onwards. After three years of hearing it is coming, it is finally there. Production for Europe will be at Leipzig, and US markets will be in Mexico. They will divide it between those two factories.

Also G87 will have a head-up display for those of you who would love that feature. That is next to the carbon roof as an option, the choice between manual and automatic gearboxes and all the other interior features we have seen from the new M3 and M4.

S58 up front producing around 440 hp and other than that a similar power train set up to the M3 and M4. If I have more info, I will share it here.

MR

He is probably wrong because BMW always produces M cars at the same plant that the regular series cars are produced.It looks like all G42 and G87 production will be done at the Mexican plant.
Appreciate 0