First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 G30 M550i

Garage List
2021 BMW M550i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_rocket88 View Post
I think rounderman and I have commented on similar posts...

Definite downsides are:
1) no spare tire (it wasn't even an option) But yes I bought one
2) runflats - yeah it's rough...
3) throttle/pedal response
4) sound deadening?
5) no blindspot or any other great "safety nannies"
6) FWD bias

So compared to all the E60's and F10's that you drove that were the "higher class" cars. There's a lot less insulation, therefore a lot more noise.

However, with the m35i and it's exhaust it sounds wonderful to me.

Newish Idrive 6? Means you get some new stuff, but missing a lot of the new new stuff.

Fast off the line.. yep it's peppy.. sure it might run out of steam towards 80mph, but unless that's you thing it doesn't matter. It'll feel faster than all your n54 and n55 cars. Gas mileage is around 24mpg to me with driving it as hard as I want. I think on my N54's I was around 21/22.. not a huge sacrifice, but it is a tiny bit better.

Yes the height is perfect for my old man back too. Seats are comfy, but not like the 22 ways the E60 could adjust. Hugs tighter.

And.. it's a small small car compared to all the rest (very short) which is nice to me.

No regrets!
Thanks for the input, no big surprises! As per my reply to rounderman’s post I pulled a trigger on a very low km 2022 model.

I think one of BMW’s biggest mistakes was to start shipping everything except the proper M cars with RF tyres - I think they may end up getting a boot very soon despite having plenty of life left in them. And as for things like road noise, won’t be often when the car will be driven outside of normal urban roads, so not too worried about that. Also, you would not expect similar level insulation as cars more than twice the price anyway. Tbh the new bigger ones (F06, G30) are probably almost too well insulated - you don’t really even properly hear the V8…

Looking forward to getting the car, likely next weekend (need to fly to Sydney to drive it to Melbourne - a full day)…
Appreciate 0