12-04-2020, 12:12 PM   #63
Fear-Mongrel
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI 6MT LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
I agree. Best exhaust note of any BMW turbocharged engine by far and yet all I heard when I had my M2 was that it wasn't a proper M car because it didn't have an M engine. I feel bad for people that need the assurance of others to be happy with their cars as that would be a miserable way to live. I own and X3M and couldn't care less that Top Gear hates it or if other posters want to say it's not an M-vehicle. I like it and that's all that matters as I find it just as enjoyable as my other fake M car as it's extremely fast and handles better than most vehicles on the street while having a lot of daily utility that the M2 lacked. All of this "true to the brand" nonsense is for keyboard warriors that like to pretend they are track drivers that can actually drive these cars to their limits. I don't discount that there's a small handful here that can but it's much less than the keyboard warriors would have you believe.
Next time you read or hear "not a proper M car" about any model just remember that 7% of the US population thinks chocolate milk comes from brown cows. It's a personal decision how much time and energy you want to gift to the people in that 7%.
Appreciate 0