View Single Post
      01-10-2021, 03:47 PM   #13
plagm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 30d 2021, 430d 2017, X1 20D

we have had two F48's

A 18d sdrive Xline and a 20d xdrive msport

If I bought either of them again it would be the Sdrive with a set of winter or all season tyres, this was a better car in the winter than the xdrive, more stable and safer. Xdrive with summer tyre was far inferior cost of winter set of tyres is a third of the cost of Xdrive. it was also 10mpg better on fuel.

the 20d was a bit quicker but heavier and if im honest its not the kind of car you hammer on a daily basis so the 150bhp 18d Sdrive day to day was as quick unless you were really trying.(and my own car is a 430d so I like quick but I would still pick 18d sdrive over 20d xdrive)

The Msport had the adaptive dampers and that was a waste of money (only bought because its a cheap option), on a x1 they are not very sophisticated and nowhere near as good as those on more expensive models..EG X3

The X1 in my opinion is the best in class I tried all the others, as I enjoy driving you can push the chassis much more than the competition. But I do think its over priced.

after 4 years in the 20d we are replacing it with a x3 thats due any day, buying on PCP and its £40 per month more ? no brainer.....

X1 is a good car but dont pay too much for one, 18d sdrive xline would be my pick, or maybe a 20i as we did consider a 20i as our 20d has had multiple issues egr system needing egr valves etc...one in warranty one not.
hope this was useful.
Appreciate 0